As we begin the 2011/2012 school year, we are starting to implement common core standards in grades K-2. Those teachers have worked hard looking at Tennessee standards and “unpacking” the new standards. The teachers are also writing the standards in student friendly language by using “I can” statements. This allows for the student to take ownership of the learning and should be able to tell you what they learned at school. I encourage you to focus on what your student is learning by asking what their “I can” statements were when you see your child after school. Next year we will implement common core standards for grades 3-5, with grades 6-8 in 2013/14, and grades 9-12 in 2014/15 when all students will be tested under the common core standards.
- Dyer and Kenton schools collaborating together and discussing effective small group instruction. @Northwest_CORE https://t.co/jSIuYUCHHL 1 hour ago
- RT @lees6dyer: Safe Schools...ALICE Training https://t.co/bIJTSBX3sW 2 hours ago
- GCHS staff just spent some time discussing what should happen in every class every day. @gchspioneers… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- RT @hinson_rory: SGC teachers getting ready to kick off a great school year! https://t.co/ZOMJ9DIfeJ 2 hours ago
- RT @lees6dyer: https://t.co/TsE87BSgOu 1 day ago