As we begin the 2011/2012 school year, we are starting to implement common core standards in grades K-2. Those teachers have worked hard looking at Tennessee standards and “unpacking” the new standards. The teachers are also writing the standards in student friendly language by using “I can” statements. This allows for the student to take ownership of the learning and should be able to tell you what they learned at school. I encourage you to focus on what your student is learning by asking what their “I can” statements were when you see your child after school. Next year we will implement common core standards for grades 3-5, with grades 6-8 in 2013/14, and grades 9-12 in 2014/15 when all students will be tested under the common core standards.
- RT @KeylanRidley: little late but #repeat 😈 district champs 💰🏆💙⚽️ @aly_goodman2 @Madi_G825 https://t.co/DJ3QqQ6yaC 13 hours ago
- RT @sgcathletics: New Story: All Teams Schedule: Week of October 16 - October 22 sgcathletics.com/2017/10/16/all… 13 hours ago
- RT @BCSSup: Proud to share the great things happening at @BartlettSchools #TNLead2017 #NoPlaceIdRatherB twitter.com/cgmaley/status… 1 day ago
- RT @gchspioneers: Group photo w/new shirts! https://t.co/VeSDZXjuEL 3 days ago
- RT @SGCHS1: Perfect Attendance Sponsor: Rhodes Family Diner https://t.co/Qp4AsPopqB 3 days ago